Copyright & GDPR
THE LEGAL STUFF
All the edited photographs purchased or displayed on this website are displayed under the copyright of Martin Beale Photography and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. For those lovely clients who have bought digital files, either as part of their photography portfolio or individually from my website gallery, Martin Beale Photography does grant limited reproduction rights for personal use.
Any client who has received or bought digital files are entitled (under license) to use them for personal and non-commercial purposes, including producing prints, posters, canvas wraps, books and other printed matter, multi-media slideshows and other computer or electronic media projects.
The user licence specifically excludes the sale of the digital files or items produced from the files for commercial gain, advertising, publicity or any other commercial use without the written permission from Martin Beale Photography. If permission is required to use any digital files commercially, or for any other use not listed here, or if any doubt exists as to the extent of licensed usage, then please contact Martin Beale Photography.
If you are a third party, such as wedding vendors, media or magazines, and would like to use some of my pictures, please contact Martin Beale Photography. If any of my images are used on a public forum (i.e. website or social networking site) then Martin Beale would be grateful if credit is given to Martin Beale Photography and tagged into the post.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Thank you for visiting my data protection policy. You can use this website without the need to provide any personal data. If you want to purchase any photographic services, then the processing of some personal data will be necessary. This policy explains when and why I’ll collect personal information about people who visit my website, how I use it and keep it secure. The Policy may change from time to time, and by using my website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who is Collecting and can Access the Information?
I am the controller of any data that passes through the website, and I am the only person who will have access to this information, and:
- I will not sell or rent your information to any third parties
What type of information is collected?
I obtain information through my website in three ways: anonymously, directly and by a third-party.
- Anonymously: The anonymous information I collect may include your IP address, whether you are using a computer, a tablet or a phone, which country you are located, which website pages are accessed and how long you may spend looking at my fantastic website pages (even if I say so myself).
- Directly: The direct information I collect is when you make an enquiry, purchase products or purchase a photographic service. This will be your name, address, phone number and details about your event.
- Third Party: If you purchase a product or service from me using an online payment method, your card information is not held by me but it is collected by a third-party payment processor (stripe.com) who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. The only information I receive from the third party are notifications that a transaction has taken place, with the name of the payee, the date and the amount of the transaction.
How is your information used?
I will hold your personal information on my systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with me. Any information you provide will be used to:
- Carry out any obligations from any contracts that we enter in to.
- Seek your views or comments on the services I provide.
- Notify you of any changes to my services.
I do not generate a newsletter, offer any subscriptions and very rarely generate bulk or direct mail shots for marketing. If I contact you, it will be about an enquiry you have made or any photographic services we have agreed upon. All communications will be sent directly from me to you.
When you provide any personal information, I take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of any information. My website is protected with SSL and a secure page lock icon will appear on your web browser to show that the page is secure.
Any information provided over the internet can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while I strive to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to me, and you do so at your own risk.
Once I receive your information, I make our best effort to ensure its security, and where I have given you a password which enables you to access my website galleries, you are responsible for sharing this password.
Any sensitive information such as credit or debit card details is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL by the third party responsible to taking payments.
Links to other websites
Aged 16 or Under…?
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide me with personal information.
Review of this Policy & Access to your Information
I will keep this Policy under regular review, and the Policy was last updated in Aug 2020. If you are concerned about any information I have about you can send an email to: email@example.com